ALL FORMALITIES RELATING TO PUBLISHING A BOOK, SUCH AS DOCUMENTS CON-FIRMING FINANCING, APPOINTING A REVIEWER, AND BOOK SUBMISSION PROCE-DURE, MUST BE SETTLED IN CONSULTATION WITH THE SECRETARY OF THE PRESS (WYDAWNICTWO@UG.EDU.PL)
- The author/editor sends a completed book publishing questionnaire to the Press (to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org). By submitting the publishing questionnaire, the author/editor accepts the Regulations of the Press.
- An initial calculation is made by the Press.
- The author/editor sends an application for the appointment of a reviewer to the following address: email@example.com.
- The author/editor arranges details of financing the book with the Press. The author/editor confirms the details.
- The author/editor submits the book, prepared in accordance with the guidelines contained in the Publishing Instructions, to the Press in order for it to be sent for review.
- The book is checked in the Press by an anti-plagiarism programme.
- The author/editor signs a contract with the Press (with the proviso that in the event of a negative review, the contract will be void).
- The book is sent for review to a reviewer appointed by the Editorial Board.
- The review is submitted to the author/editor in order that he/she take into account the re-viewer’s comments.
- The answer of the author/editor to the review, together with his/her response to the re-viewer’s comments, is sent to the Press.
- Having taken into account the comments of the reviewer, the author/editor submits the revised book to the Press – in an electronic version, sent to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org (As an option – after agreeing this with the Press – a print version may be submitted. Both electronic and print versions must be identical).
- The book is handed over to the editorial section and the publishing process starts.
- The publication goes to print.
- Author’s copies are given to the author; obligatory copies are sent to libraries; the book goes into distribution.
The Press does not accept any cover designs from authors and does not work with graphic artists from outside the Press’s own permanent team. In line with the Press’s policy, the Press determines the final form of the book cover. The book’s cover is designed by the Press’s own designers.