ALL FORMALITIES RELATING TO PUBLISHING A BOOK, SUCH AS DOCUMENTS CONFIRMING FINANCING, APPOINTING A REVIEWER, AND BOOK SUBMISSION PROCEDURE, MUST BE SETTLED IN CONSULTATION WITH THE SECRETARY OF THE PRESS (WYDAWNICTWO@UG.EDU.PL).
1. Before submitting a book to the Press, please send a completed Publisher’s Questionnaire to the following address: email@example.com.
2. In order to appoint a reviewer, please complete an application to the Editorial Board with a request to appoint a reviewer and send it to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Editorial Board meets once a month and at each meeting considers applications submitted in the month preceding the meeting of the Board. Therefore, please submit your applications well in advance before submitting your book to the Press.
3. The book to be sent for review should be sent in a Word file to the address: email@example.com (as an option – after agreeing on this with the reviewer – if the reviewer requires a print version, send a one-sided A4 printout to the secretary’s office of the Press), in accordance with guidelines contained in the Editorial Instructions.
The text should have the following parameters:
- font – Times New Roman 12 point;
- line spacing – 1.5;
- margins – 2.5 cm;
- align to left and right margins;
- do not bind the printed version of the book.
4. After review, the book, including the comments of the reviewer and the author’s response to the review, should be sent to the Press in an electronic version to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. (as an option – after obtaining the agreement of the Press – submit a printed copy. Both electronic and print versions must be identical).
5. If you use photographs, graphics, and other materials that may be covered by copyright, it is necessary to submit to the Press, together with the book, consent for their use in the publication.
6. Book covers are designed by a team of graphic designers that work with the Press on a permanent basis. They may take advantage of an author’s suggestion regarding the book cover, but the final form of the cover is determined by the Press.
The Press does not accept cover designs from authors and does not work with graphic artists from outside the Press’s own permanent team.